Friday, October 16, 2009

Local Politics

Tee Hee! LOL! I heard the funniest thing today. SW Republicans list as one of their accomplishments increased standardized testing scores! Are you kidding me? Sorry, politcians, you had nothing to do with it. Despite your best efforts in cutting teachers and education programs, the teachers, administration and STUDENTS succeeded. NOT YOU! I feel I have the right to pin the teacher and program cuts on you since you listed those two items as accompishments in your newsletter too. I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat (and I'll tell you, living in this town will drive anyone away from a major party!) I'm just an "interested" party who thinks the politics in this town is out of control. I've been asked to run for positions by both parties and I will never do it. I might run as independent one day or a part of the new party organized in town. I am glad to see some fresh faces up for election this year. Since I'm an equal opportunity critic, I also LOL when I read that some Democrat candidates list their years of service in office as a "plus". Sorry, not a plus to me. We need to shake this town up!!! This is not meant to be personal against anyone, I like many of these people, HOWEVER, it is time for a change.

No comments: